Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two weeks

Ok, things got a little crazy with work and all and I haven't posted yet so I have some catching up to do.
First off I am stoked to say at fourteen days I am still doing well with the Paleo challenge. I have not once cheated. Las week I was sent to the fires in San Bruno and set up at the evacuation site. After the word got out about the fires folks started bringing all sorts of food for the evacuess, in particlar, pizza. They were giving it out to everyone there and this red cross lady offered me a whole large pizza. I said no and she got kinda pushy and said TAKE IT! I respecfully and repeatedly declined so she stuck the pizza in the back of my van and I was stuck with it. Mind you this story was so crazy I hadn't had a chance to get dinner. I had a banana and nuts for dinner and lunch was nuts and dried fruit....
Still, the whole time I refused to give in and didn't eat the pizzza. I ended up giving the pizza to a coworker at the end of the night who hadn't eaten either and was having a lousy night. The starbucks was also giving out free drinks, the sugary kind. I stayed away. The next morning I had to go back to the same spot and there were people giving away sweet coffee drinks, sodas, chocolate croissants and other sweet breads. I remember looking at them and thinking "I am not going to have ANY of that, I am not goign to fail today"


So, anyhow all is going good. Breakfast is getting pretty boring though....All the other meals have been great!


I'm also figuring out how to eat out and stay paleo. During this San Bruno story I needed to get dinner. I was at a strip mall and wanted to get some food. I walked up to a restaurant, read the menu and walked away. Next I saw a burger joint that was crowded and smelled great. Obviously they make good burgers there. I sniffed the air for a few more seconds and walked on. Then I decided to go into the Mollie Stone's grocery store. Dinner was served! They had a salad bar and a deli so I made myself a paleo salad and got a grilled chicken breast from them. Success!!!

A couple of days later I was there again and wanted a hot meal,  I was pretty tired of cold food. They have a hot food deli (most of it I can't touch) so I got some sliced turkey breast from there and a 1/2 pint of mixed berries from the coolers. Dee-lish!!!

The next day I went in for a chicken breast and some fruit. The lady behind the deli counter was a nice woman and we started talkign about the explosion when she saw on my jacket that I worked for a TV station. She gave me the chicken breast for free and I bought a pear and an apple to go with it. Lunch was $1.49 that day!!! My point, I can manage to eat out and still eat paleo. I was pretty worried about that in the beginning.

 Sidenote: Tango apples are awesome!!!


Oh yeah, I'm really starting to see the physicall changes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment